Md 201 Western Australia Australia
| This Page address: http://waldefau.lionwap.org |
Our other Web Address: https://www.facebook.com/WesternAustralianLionsDrugAwarenessFoundationInc?ref=hl
When:2nd Monday of February, April, June, August, October and December
|Name||Office Tel||Home Tel|
|1st Vice President|
Drug abuse is as insidious as a deadly spider's web. For children and young adults drug abuse often starts through experimentation with cigarettes and alcohol, then marijuana and ecstasy tablets. That young person then starts to be drawn further into the web of using drugs - often involving a dangerous mixture or cocktail of drugs - until their addiction becomes entrenched in their life. At this point the web becomes a prison, and the deadly spider can overcome their victim. The potential of an overdose - often a fatal overdose - in some lonely dark alleyway is now a very real possibility.
'Community Drug Education'
Lions Clubs in Western Australia have always been interested in becoming involved in community drug education initiatives. As a result of this the Western Australian Drug Education Foundation (WALDEF) was formed with the following objectives.
- To promote an awareness of alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse.
- To develop primary prevention activities, especially in local communities in an 'Awareness' Programme.
- To encourage and facilitate personal, social and community action in support of the prevention of alcohol, tobacco and other drug abuse.
- To participate in national campaigns in lion with the aim of the Australian Lions Drug Awareness Foundation Inc.
- To become involved in the formation of partnerships with governmental health professionals, drug educational agencies and drug aware community groups (LDAG's).
- To actively promote and support counselling and rehabilitation programmes.
The Western Australian Lions Drug Education Foundation (WALDEF) has the following future objectives.
- To encourage Lions in Western Australia to become actively involved in LDAG's.
- To encourage participation in the School Drug Education Project and activities in schools.
- To develop a partnership with the Health Department and Education Department where programmes relate to drug awareness.
- To seek and promote suitable drug awareness resources for schools, parents and community agencies.Please click on the below links to our partners in WA - the Local Drug Action Groups and Drug & Alcohol Office (including their alcohol think again drink alcohol campaign).
Local Drug Action Groups
Australian Drug Foundation
Drug & Alcohol Office
Alcohol Think Again
Australian Lions Drug Awareness Foundation
We welcome your questions and comments
Page created at 2007-04-12 and Last updated at 2015-03-11.